Pages

November 29, 2012

I Found my Root!

This week was shaping up to be a pretty nice week but then I got sick! I've been getting sick too much. I work at a preschool and literally on my first day of my job, I got sick. it has been a month since then and now I'm sick again. I'm hoping it'll be a pretty minor cold and goes away fast enough so I can go to work on Monday!

While staying home today, I decided to go through the suitcase full of pictures of my grandma, my mom, and us. They all belonged to grandma but after she passed away, my mom inherited them and lent them to me so I can scan them. I just finished selecting pictures to scan for grandma's part two interview (which will be posted tomorrow).



While selecting, I came across a picture of me. It's totally my "root" for my love of creepy dolls! In the past few years, I became a bit fixated about buying dolls at thrift stores (the older, the better). Although, I've been better with that ever since my partner and I started living together as we don't have a lot of space. She was also slightly scared of the dolls, and it definitely doesn't help that I have a mannequin either! I think she has grown attached to them now though, or I like to think that she has.





I love how grandma made sure some of the dolls were looking at me. Haha.

After I finish this post, I think I'll go figure out something warm to eat and then watch a movie on the couch. Or read my book. I've been reading The Climb by Anatoli Boukreev. I've read Into Thin Air by Jon Krakuer several times so it's exciting to ready someone's else version of this event. For some reason, I adore books about mountaineering, along with challenging hiking/camping adventures. I do enjoy camping & hiking quite a bit and daydream about one day doing something challenging (for me, mind you), like going backpacking down the West Coast Trail. But mountaineering, however, is something I would never want to do. Heights really freak me out and climbing a mountain is something right out of my worst nightmare. Yet I love reading about it. Go figure.

Hope your day is going well.

2 comments:

  1. I just love going through old photos. My grandma just gave me 3 boxes full, I was in HEAVEN. I can't agree with you on the creepy doll thing, though lol. PS Your blog is adorable!

    Just stopping by to say thank you for linking up with the GFC Collective and following me, returned the favor :) Bre @ Peacoats & Plaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bre! I adore going through old pictures. You should share some of yours! :)

      Delete